The European flour milling association
European Flour Millers is the association representing the European wheat, rye and oat milling industry both at EU & international levels. Members are the representative national associations from 28 European countries. In representing over 90% of the milling capacity in Europe, it is able to reflect credibly and authoritatively the interests of the industry.
Our mission is to facilitate the development of a business environment in which all European milling companies can meet the needs of consumers and society, while competing effectively for sustainable growth.
- Contribute to improving the competitiveness of the flour milling sector
- Promoting food safety and sustainability throughout the flour supply chain whilst avoiding an excessive regulatory burden
- Securing competitive access to raw materials in the quality and quantity required, including the management of extreme price volatility
- Contribute to maintaining a sufficient export activity and level of protection against flour imports
- Defending and promoting, with the help of national associations, the sustainable, wholesome & healthy image of flour and bread
The European Flour Millers' association is registered in the Transparency Register
- It is member of the Economic Board of the European Crops Market Observatory (European Commission)
- It has Observer Status to the CODEX Alimentarius (FAO-WHO)
- It is a founding member of the Primary Food Processors (PFP)
- It is a strong supporter of the Industry4Europe Coalition
- It is a founding member of the Bread Initiative