The European flour milling association
European Flour Millers is the association representing the European wheat, rye and oat milling industry both at EU & international levels. Members are the representative national associations from 28 European countries. In representing over 90% of the milling capacity in Europe, it is able to reflect credibly and authoritatively the interests of the industry.
Our mission is to facilitate the development of a business environment in which all milling companies can meet the needs of consumers and society, while competing effectively for sustainable growth.
- Contribute to improving the competitiveness of the flour milling sector
- Promoting food safety, food security and sustainability throughout the flour supply chain, whilst avoiding an excessive regulatory burden
- Securing competitive access to raw materials in the quality and quantity required, including the management of extreme price volatility
- Contribute to maintaining a sufficient export activity and level of protection against flour imports
- Defending and promoting, with the help of national associations, the sustainable, wholesome & healthy image of bread and the vital role of the flour miller in the local supply chain to feed and nourish the European consumers
The European Flour Millers' association is registered in the Transparency Register
- It is member of the Economic Board of the European Crops Market Observatory (European Commission)
- It has Observer Status to the CODEX Alimentarius (FAO-WHO)
- It is a founding member of the Primary Food Processors (PFP)
- It is a strong supporter of the Industry4Europe Coalition
- It is a founding member of the Bread Initiative